More help

Homelessness help

Unfortunately, because we only have a small team, we are unable to accept applications from individuals, or give housing advice. If you are homeless, likely to become homeless soon, or helping someone who is homeless you should first contact their Local Housing Authority, Council, and Citizens’ Advice Bureau. Further services are listed below.

Help with other grants

Church Homeless Trust can only fund individuals once they are in a scheme with a support plan in place.

Turn2us is a national charity that helps people in financial hardship gain access to welfare benefits, charitable grants and support services. Use their grant calculator.

Housing advice

Visit Shelter’s advice pages

For help with rent arrears or a deposit, try contacting The Connection at St Martin’s Vicar’s Relief Fund

Escaping domestic violence

National Domestic Violence Helpline / Refuge – 0808 2000 247

Solace Women’s Aid – 020 7619 1350

Shelter’s advice


Shelter’s advice for ex-offenders

Advice for families of ex-offenders

Forward Employment work programmes


Advice Guide for those leaving the Armed Forces

UK Ex-Services Members – Housing Help

Soldiers Off the Street

Contact SPACES (Single Persons Accommodation Centre for the Ex Services) on 01748 833797, 01748 872940, or 01748 830191, or email

Contact SSAFA, the Armed Forces charity, on 020 7463 9398 or by emailing

Call Veterans UK on 0808 1914218, or email Call their bereavement and textphone line on 0800 169 3458.

Cassiobury Court offers free help and advice for veterans who suffer with addiction and mental health problems.

Useful links

Benefits and Universal Credit is a free-to-use resource that provides information on all available UK welfare benefits, including a specific page on Universal Credit.

There is an in-depth article on different types of benefits on

Just Finance Foundation provides free materials about Universal Credit.

The Job Prices site provides advice and support for newly disabled people.


  • Riverside Care and Support (formerly Riverside ECHG or English Churches Housing Group) manage supported, sheltered and social property across England.
  • PA Housing (formerly Paragon, formerly Richmond Churches Housing Trust) are a housing association based in Surrey and SW London.

Furniture and clothing donations

The Furniture Re-use network provides local options for free furniture pickup and recycling.

Donation Town pick up will help you schedule a donation collection with a charity near you.

British Heart Foundation can collect your furniture for free.

Quaker Social Action

Outreach workers checking out a rough sleeping site